RItrainPlus (Research Infrastructure Training Plus) is an EU Horizon 2020 project which will design and deliver a training programme to fulfill the competency requirements for the current and future managers of European Research Infrastructures and Core Facilities. ECCSEL ERIC will actively contribute in the following WPs and tasks:
- WP1: Coordination and Project Management - Tasks 1.1 and 1.2. Support to all the activities related to project reporting and internal communication. Contents provision for the website update.
- WP2: Development of common European policies and learning tracks for curricula enrichment and development - Task 2.1. Update of training needs, representing the energy sector among ERICs.
- WP3: Course development and delivery - Task 3.7. Team building and development (co-lead)
- WP4: Staff and knowledge exchange programme within European RIs, CFs and abroad - Task 4.2. Participation at the setting up of a community of practice in governance and management of RIs. Participation in the community of practice workshops.
- WP5: Design Study of an European School for Management of RI - Task 5.1. Participation at the design study of a European School of Governance and Management for RIs.
- WP6: Communication & Outreach - Tasks 6.1 and 6.2. Support in the external communication and dissemination activities (such as newsletters, promotion through social media). Link with EOSC for dissemination activities.
Overall, the project aims to communicate for a wide range of stakeholders to share the wealth of knowledge and best practices for the mutual benefit of the European Research Infrastructures and Core Facilities.
StoRIES (Storage Research Infrastructure Ecosystem) is a European Green Deal project which brings a consortium of 30 beneficiaries from 15 countries to jointly improve the economic performance of storage technologies. The main objectives of StoRIES are linked to the energy storage development by providing access to world-class research infrastructures and services. StoRIES will establish an ecosystem with international peer partners from research and industry to foster open science and promote new energy technology standards.
StoRIES ambites to:
- Progress in Transnational Access
- Develop new services for the Research Infrastructures to new Users
- Foster hybrid ES innovation
- Establish a Platform concept for accelerated material design, development and system integration
- Progress in networking activities
- Ensure sustainability
- Foster Innovation Potential
ECCSEL ERIC will contribute to:
- WP 1: Research and Industrial Energy Storage Ecosystem
- WP2: Transnational and virtual access to world-class Research Infrastructures
- WP3: Services to support the hybridisation of energy storage
Geo-INQUIRE (Geosphere INfrastructures for QUestions into Integrated REsearch) is funded by Horizon Europe and will run from 2022-2026. Modern scientific endeavours already have the capacity to call upon a vast variety of data, often in huge volumes. However, the challenge is not only how to make the most of such a resource, but also how to make it available to the wider scientific community, especially when encouraging curiosity-driven research. The Geo-INQUIRE project will do so by enhancing, giving access to, and making interoperable key datasets. Geo-INQUIRE will support access to new observables from emerging technologies, access to a new generation of models in the field of geohazards and georesources, as well as the training of researchers to exploit these new data, models, and computing platforms.
The following ECCSEL ERIC facilities are part of Geo-INQUIRE: CATLAB (INERIS), PITOP Borehole Geophysical Test Site (OGS), Svelvik CO2 Field Lab (SINTEF), MOBSEIS (TNO)
- WP 1 – Management and coordination
- WP2 – VA1 Access to enhanced game changing observables of the geosphere
- WP3 – VA2 Access to products enabling curiosity-driven sciences for geohazard and multi-risk assessment
- WP4 – TA1/VA3 Access to products enabling curiosity-driven science for georesources exploration and exploitation
- WP5 – TA2/VA4 Access to the next generation of software and workflows as a service
- WP6 – Access and harmonization of integrated research infrastructures services for next generation data, services, and products
- WP7 – FAIR data management, legal compliance, and impact assessment
- WP8 – TA3/VA5: Fostering interoperability and cross-disciplinary research of the geosphere through test beds and the integration of VA/TA activities
- WP9 – Fostering cross-disciplinary research of the Earth through training and workshops